Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Stormy Night

Since we are having quite a thunderstorm with heavy rain and wind and the noise is keeping me awake, I decided to share a few more of my favorite quilts.



This one is called Ada's Stars done in black & white fabrics.  A quilting acquaintance designed this quilt and taught a class on it at a quilt shop where I once lived.  Her sample quilt was done in earth tone prints and the stars were all beige, but I knew as soon as I saw the pattern that I would do black and white.

The two quilts below are a couple of my scrappy quilts, which I love to do.  On the left is a fan wall hanging and on the right is one called Trip Around the Scrap Basket from a book called Slice 'Em and Dice 'Em.


I hope anyone who is in the midst of the severe weather we have had this Christmas Day is safe and well and not had too much damage.

And here's my Spider Web quilt.......made from small scrap strips of batik fabrics, with the first Seminole border I ever did.

 
Well, the sirens are sounding so I turned the TV on for a report.......the warning is for an area further east than where I am and actually, the rain has finally stopped here for now.  Maybe I can go back to bed and get some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I love every one of these :) What a great activity for a stormy night.

    ReplyDelete