Thursday, December 13, 2012

Scrappy 3-inch Squares





I have been sewing together 3-1/2" squares (to finish at 3") from my scrap stash off and on for several months.  I put them together in 16-patch bocks, then decided to put them on point.  Just got finished laying them out on my design wall (and a little bit down on the floor).  When I get the top together and add borders, it will be king size.

I have a basket of 2-1/2" squares that I plan to do the same with..........but not soon!  Since I'm working on Bonnie's mystery quilt, I won't start too much more.  Too many UFO's drive me crazy!

Update - Got the 3" finished squares top together today (Saturday, December 15) except for borders. There is a total of 800 squares in this top.  They are not all different.....didn't have that many in my stash, but it's scrappy enough to suit me.  So my design wall is now empty.  Tomorrow I plan to work on Part 4 of Easy Street so I will have it ready to link on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I love this one - hope to start a 2 1/2 inch one in the new year.

    ReplyDelete