Saturday, September 13, 2014

Peg's Retreat

Pat's daughter, Rhonda, who lives in Virginia, was planning a trip to Huntsville to spend a week with her Mom, and they decided to get together at Peggy's for a sewing weekend.  I had never met Rhonda but had heard lots about her, so I decided to join them.  Peg's sister, Jeanette, also joined us for a little while, as well as our friend Anne. Had a great weekend!  Peggy had embroidered T-shirts for all of us.  We were Quilting Queens of Alabama.  She also had embroidered special names for all of us.  I was "Marsha-Marsha-Marsha," Rhonda was "Help Me Rhonda," Pat was "Trish the Dish," Anne was "Annie, Annie, Bo Bannie," Jeanette was "Net" and Peg was "Peggy Sue."    I headed home on Monday but the others stayed longer.  Below are a few pics from the week.

The Quilting Queens of Alabama:

                               Pat        Peggy       Anne       Jeanette    Rhonda         Marsha




Here are pics of the quilt tops we were working on:

Anne and Jeanette worked on one called The Deserted Highway.



Pat and Rhonda worked on one called Boston Commons:



Peggy had previously made two Boston Commons quilt tops as graduation gifts.  She tried to work on the Deserted Highway quilt but, being the hostess, she had way too many interruptions to finish that one.




I worked on one that I saw in the Keepsake Quilting Catalog.  It came as a kit called The Lady Kit.  I did not order the kit.  I just figured out the measurements from the picture and used my scrappy 2-1/2" strips to make mine.  It is still laid out on my design wall.  Not sewn together yet.



Rhonda also brought a beautiful quilt top for Show and Tell that she said she has been working on for years and is finally almost finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment