Monday, June 1, 2015

Scrapitude Scrap-in-a-Box Mystery

Charlotte Hawkes of scrapitude.com is sponsoring a very scrappy mystery quilt beginning Tuesday, January 13.   Clues will be given every second Tuesday of the month through May.  All cutting instructions were given ahead of time, but since we have a month between clues, I plan to cut my pieces as needed for each clue.  Since there are many different size pieces to be cut, I have separated my scraps into various piles according to size and labeled them for what size to cut.  Here are my fabrics.  The lavender in the lower right corner is my medium, but I may change that one now that I see it in the picture.  It may not be quite dark enough.  The background fabric is a white on white.  I tried to choose lots of jewel tones for my scraps and many of them are batiks and ALL of these fabrics came from my stash!



Completed Quilt Top:  I changed my blender fabric from what is shown in the picture above to an orchid.







No comments:

Post a Comment