Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bamboo & Pinwheels

I saw the Bamboo quilt in a shop near Hickory, NC, when visiting my sister a few years ago. When you purchase the required amount of fabric for a particular size called for in the instructions, construct the number of blocks called for with the simple strip piecing method, cut that block on the diagonal, you will get enough blocks for two completely different quilts that size.  The pattern is called Bamboo and Pinwheels by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes.  Here are the two twin size quilts I got using a variety of batiks from my stash.

Bamboo


Pinwheels


2 comments:

  1. What great looking quilts. And all from only one block cut in half? Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also Bamboo Steamer

    ReplyDelete