Saturday, December 28, 2013

Prayer Flag

About three years ago, my daughter Dana and I went to visit my sister in North Carolina.  We visited some quilt shops while there and I purchased some fabrics from the Prayer Flag by April Cornell for Moda line to make Dana a new quilt for her king-size bed.  I had these fabrics laid out recently and someone saw them and asked what I was making.  I told her it was a quilt for Dana.  She asked if it was going to be a surprise.  I said, probably.  She was with me when I bought the fabric, but that was almost 3 years ago and I'm sure she has completely forgotten about it by now. Sure enough, when I got the top together and showed it to her, she didn't remember the fabric at all, but she LOVED it!

I had a layer cake, a jelly roll, and a few other fabrics in various yardages.  I just made strip blocks from the jelly roll and alternated them with the layer cake squares.  Used the extra fabrics for borders.  It finishes at 105 x 105.  Still have to bind and hem but maybe it won't take as long to get around to that as making the top!!


No comments:

Post a Comment