Sunday, April 14, 2013

Scraps & Leftovers

I've been trying to use up fabrics in my stash.......some large scraps and some strings......the "Girly" quilts shown below were made from fabrics left from a quilt I made for my granddaughter for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I don't think I'm ever going to finish up with it.  Every time I pull these fabrics out and piece a quilt top, I still have more left over.  The backings for these two quilts are made up of leftover blocks and pieces from previous quilts also.




The star quilt shown here is made from star blocks left over after making a queen-size String Star quilt.


 

For the following quilt, I got out my box of 2" strips that I had cut from scraps and sewed together strip sets of 5 fabrics, beginning with a dark fabric and ending with a light fabric.  Thought I might make a Rail Fence quilt top, but decided instead to alternate the strip blocks with solid squares. Since I was using scraps, my strip sets all finished at different lengths, so after cutting my 8" squares from them, I had leftovers.  That is what I used for the middle scrappy border. 


I think my next scrappy project will be from 8" string pieced blocks.  Haven't even started the blocks yet, but that's what I have in mind.  Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment