Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jane's Strings

Finally finished quilting my sister's string quilt.  She sewed her strings to fabric squares rather than paper and was concerned that it was going to be too heavy after quilting.  But I used a very thin Quilters' Dream Request polyester batting and the finished quilt had a really nice feel/weight.  She had also chosen a large design quilting pattern called Curly Q that was mostly large swirls.


The quilt still on my quilting table.... 
 





The quilt on my guest bed
 
 
She was pleased with the way it turned out.  She was visiting this weekend from Hickory, North Carolina, and I finished it just in time for her to take home with her. Yea!!
 
I still have to add a border to my Easy Street and still have my Lil' Twister block project going.  Oh what to do next??  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment